Job Description – Book-Keeper/Administrator (Jan 2023)
Purpose of the Role
The Book-Keeper/ Administrator is responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial
information while ensuring that efficient administration systems are in place to support the day to
day operations of the station. The job holder is required to operate at all times to the highest
professional, ethical and performance standards and adhering to organisational governance and
operational policies and procedures.
Reports to: The Manager.
• Book-keeping, invoicing, on-line banking and compiling monthly bank reconciliations;
• Preparing and maintaining Management accounts including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet,
Aged Debtors and Creditors listings;
• Preparing and processing payroll including preparation & submitting Revenue and VAT
• Assist the Manager in preparing financial costings for submission of project proposals to
• Maintaining accurate project accounts and retaining supporting contract & other relevant
project documentation centrally;
• Assist the Manager with preparing annual budgets, cash flow & revenue projections;
• Assist the Manager with preparing financial accounts for annual audit and liaising with the
external auditors to ensure timely completion of audit;
• Providing general administrative support including secretariate service to the Board, its
committees and the Manager as required;
• Maintaining personnel records, attendance records (including staff timesheets, annual leave,
sick leave records etc) & other relevant Human Resource documentation;
• Contributing to the promotion and development of Loving and Affectionate Family by
actively taking part in fund raising activities, engaging with Stakeholders, Volunteers and
others and representing the station with positive, professional and timely communications.
The ideal candidate should:
• Have 1-2 years general accounts experience and hold, or be working towards, an Accounting
Technician qualification or other similar accounting qualification;
• Be proficient in MS Office, (particularly Excel to an advanced level) and have experience
working with various accounting packages;
• Have a ‘Can do’ attitude with strong interpersonal & communication skills;
• Possess excellent time management skills and an ability to work to tight timelines;
• Be a good team player and be able to work on own initiative.